Frontosa Burundi spitting food out?

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
My small female Burundi seems to be spitting our her food? I feed frozen shrimp, and cichlid pellets. If you guys need other information to determine the problem, please ask. Its been going on for a 1 week now. I took a look into her mouth, and im pretty sure i didnt see and obstruction like a tumor or anything else.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I've had her for about 4 years, She was one of my fry, i didnt sell. Shes right now alone, due to a break in fish, i've just started up Again really. (I kept her trough the break) Shes with some synodontis eupterus. The catfishes dont seem to annoy her really. Im feeding chopped up frozen shrimp, like 5 milimeter, and the pellets the same size.

dean9922

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2009
Prince George, BC
if it's only been a week, she should be fine that way.....but finding out the cause can be difficult.....any white poop???? or any other signs other then not eating???

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
if it's only been a week, she should be fine that way.....but finding out the cause can be difficult.....any white poop???? or any other signs other then not eating???
I havent seen any White poop, havent really looked for it either. Shes be digging more than usual it seems.. Also been a Little bit more aggresive with my s.eupterus but nothing other than that really. Shes picks up the food, chews it a Little bit, then spits it out. Sometimes she tryes Again quickly, other times she try Again in a couple of minuttes..

dean9922

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2009
Prince George, BC
fronts should not be fed floating pellets....causes them to come to the top to gulp it down and take air in.....can you get the same pellet in a slow sinking type

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store