Can someone please tell me what the hell is on my stingrays?

KeefO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Royersford, pa
image.jpgOk, so I came home today to find these white spots on my motoro and Retic that share a tank. It doesn't look bad, and their behavior is normal ( still eating like pigs!) but I can't see anything in the tank that would be the cause of it. If anyone has seen this or knows what it is, I would greatly appreciate some help!

image.jpg

image.jpg

KeefO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Royersford, pa
It came on within hours, water is good, and they are with 3 peacocks and 2 TSN. It's my grow out tank, but they are they only ones with any **** on them.

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Are their disk edges eroded? Looks like they are from pics especially can see on Motoro. How long have you had them? Asking about the disc edges because bacteria can cause spotting on their backs. I am not trying to jump the gun here but I went through one heck of a horrible flesh eating bacteria crisis just over a year ago and two of my rays got whites spots on their backs where it looked like their color got stripped off and only white flesh was left. Can you get a closer pic of spots?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

KeefO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Royersford, pa
Actually their discs are fine. It's almost like its on their slime coat, and the reason I say this is because the motoro went under the driftwood and scraped it off, but their didn't seem to be any discoloration or irritation on its skin.

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Is it raised up any? First pic on the right of the motoro it looks like a chunk is missing is why I asked about the disk edge. Is it just the picture or is your water cloudy?

Fatlungy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2011
Reading, Pennsylvania
If you use feeders they might have brought something with. Awhile ago my lungfish got similar white spots water checked fine his tank was running for years. I did a major water change,added salt raised the temp and added a extra bubble disk for more aeration. It was gone in a day or 2. I've never used salt with my rays though. I never gave my lungfish feeders after that and he's been fine.

Sent from my MB886 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

KeefO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Royersford, pa
The water is clear, the camera sucks, that's why it looks cloudy. There is a small chunk of her disc missing that you see in the pic. To my surprise, when I came down to do the morning feed, the motoro was all cleared up, and her disc showed no sign of damage. The Retic however looks worse! I did add salt the other day when I did a water change. Is there any chance that the salt could be causing a reaction to his slime coat? I hope that's it, cause otherwise I'm stumped!

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
The water doesn't look clear and the glass looks to have some kind of bacteria build up on it

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store