Baby black arowana growth rate.

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
so i got this baby black arowana about 2 weeks ago. it was about 3 inches. it maybe grew an inch. I was wondering how long it will take till it grows about 8-9 inches? I am feeding it NLS floating pellets ( about 1.5-2 mm) and baby hikari green staple pellets. surprisingly it prefers the nls (only fish i have in my entire hous that likes NLS). My blackie's tail is already to begin to fade in color, how long will it take so i can put it in with some tank mates?!

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
What kind of tankmates?? Id say 8-9" in roughly a yr or so. not the best answer, but it does depend on tank, feeding, etc.. Good luck with the black, they are fragile at that size

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
What kind of tankmates?? Id say 8-9" in roughly a yr or so. not the best answer, but it does depend on tank, feeding, etc.. Good luck with the black, they are fragile at that size
Well it's got some temporary tank mates. It's got some angel fish plecos, black ghost knife and a Raphael catfish. I put it there cause it was very skittish in the original tank I had it in, which was sand bottom breeder tank. This tank has a lot of plants, and it's a lot more brave. It even comes to my hand now. But this won't be it's permanent tank mate.. My plan was to put it with some green terrors and flowerhorn and silver arowana...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jtruong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Boston
feed it a variety of food, i remember when i had a black aro fry, i fed it hikari sticks and frozen market prawns (cut up in small pieces) the color maintained slight blue up till now. it is 22" now which took 2-3 years and it still on prawns. great coloring still. no where close to black. Any pictures of the little guy?

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
ermm hard to say blacks grow pretty slow and dont get very big at all, I give it 8-12 months. 8 if you power feed it lol.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
I'm not sure about the growth rate but I know they do grow pretty big.. My uncle has one.. It's like pushing maybe almost 2 feet..

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Lol looks like my info is wrong about how big they got, my memory is betraying me I guess haha. They do get the same size as silvers apparently... I read they only get a bit larger than two feet somewhere before...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store