New Ray Issues "in the uk"....HELP PLEASE!!! Really Stuck for what to do!

TOOTHLESS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2013
UK
Hello all, Ive been into fish keeping for quite some time, And have recently got a sexed pair of false hystrix rays, Now I am not sure if it is down to my own error,.. or if they were not quarantined because ive had a Worm outbreak in the tank, I am looking to get the fish out of the tank into a quarantine tank and the rays into a seperate one while im sorting the main tank and filter system, Im running a 3400lph filtration with a 9w and 20w uv sterilizer, and do weekly water changes, my perameters are fine,.. so it is a bit of a puzzle where they have come from,.. they rays are eating well, on blood worm and prawns, however they are still looking a little on the slimmer side,..I am based in the uk and have been googleing my brains out trying to find something which i can deworm the rays with which is stingray safe, which is sold in the uk!,...Please please Can someone help me out. I had done a lot of studying regarding stingrays, however most of the information was "american" based which advises using metrodazinole or prazipro!...Which I cant find in the uk,..and soon! Can anyone help?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
If the tank is infected then no point in taking the rays out as you will need to treat the whole tank anyway

I would use sera tremazol

Lots of people are going to say prazi pro but that's not for sale in the UK

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TOOTHLESS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2013
UK
Cant seem to find a uk supplier in my region who stocks sera tremazol ???

TOOTHLESS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2013
UK
Ive just read parazin should be ok to treat parasites,...And I wanna remove the rays from the big tank into a quarantine tank and treat them whilst treating the big tank as there are worms swimming in the big tank,..."That bad!"

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
I have had good results with sterazin in the past.

I can't see why it wouldn't be safe with a ray and I've used it on some fairly sensitive catfish before with no problems

TOOTHLESS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2013
UK
Hi vamp, Ive been trawling through the internet trying to identify them I found this page - http://www3.sympatico.ca/drosera1/fish/worms.htm

Which they look like roundworms by the general description on how they swim,.. what they look like the colour etc,.. these are up to 1cm long thin white strand like worms which swim lin like an "S" shape fashion, As the rays were imported And are the most recent thing added to the tank i came to the conclusion its come from them,.. and also read that most juvenile rays "wild bred" have some kind of internal parasite,... And with being able to see these worms visually, I can only assume their lack of weight is due to them too,.. So I really need to try and find a solution quick :(

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Ive just read parazin should be ok to treat parasites,...And I wanna remove the rays from the big tank into a quarantine tank and treat them whilst treating the big tank as there are worms swimming in the big tank,..."That bad!"
Right look and you will find eBay is you friend

http://bit.ly/NP2WxC

You dose the main tank with rays in it leave the meds in for 8 hours then do a 80% water change this will kill any worms in your tank or in or on the rays

Then repeat 7 days later job done

This is the best treatment on the market for worms or parasite by far

I ordered prazi pro from the US and didn't find it as good

TOOTHLESS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2013
UK
Yes but its still ordering from germany,..I really need to start dosing asap! Ive seen fish go down hill quick,.. sure I could treat the fish with any dewormer which is fine,.. But its finding some of that stuff for the rays like...tomorrow! not waiting 3 days for it to be dispatched then another 3 days to get to the uk....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store