Need help pls. :-)

kenshinH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2013
Lone star state
Hi Guys!

i have newly set up tank (6 weeks) its a 110gal TALL (48Lx 19W x 30H)

set up info:
Substrate- Safe Tsorb

Lighting: 48" Wavepoint 4 bulb T5Ho but i am only using 3 (1 ultrasun,2 florasun bulbs) photo 5 hrs a day

Ferts: Dry dose

1 tsp KNO3 3x a week
1/2 tsp KH2PO4 3x a week
1/2 tsp K2SO4 3x a week
1/2 tsp traces 3x a week
+ root tabs (osmocote plus)

Pressurized C02 24/7
Plants;
madagascar lace plant
Banana plant
java fern
Water wisteria
Ludwigia
Brazilian micro sword
Cryptocoryne wendtii (red,bronze)
Anubias
java moss
Jungle vals

Here are my questions:
1.Whats happening to my wisteria and anubias?

2. Do i have to much lighting coz i think some kind of algae is growing on my driftwood

Thanks!

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
How are you diffusing your co2? And why are you running it 24/7? I only run mine for a half hour before lights on and a half hour before lights off...Also get a drop checker so you can more or less know how much co2 you are adding.

Regardless of that though, I think the pics you posted is more from the wisteria transitioning to submerged form still, and the anubias some prior damage. Trim the dying leaves, and give it time.

once you figure out exactly the best way to use that co2, you should be able to grow some really nice stuff in this

kenshinH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2013
Lone star state
How are you diffusing your co2? And why are you running it 24/7? I only run mine for a half hour before lights on and a half hour before lights off...Also get a drop checker so you can more or less know how much co2 you are adding.

Regardless of that though, I think the pics you posted is more from the wisteria transitioning to submerged form still, and the anubias some prior damage. Trim the dying leaves, and give it time.

once you figure out exactly the best way to use that co2, you should be able to grow some really nice stuff in this
I run my c02 in my sump, the tubing fed close to the mouth of my mag drive12 pump, its on 27/4 to balance the flow of c02 since my my tank has an over flow and a sump. I really dont have any problem with all my plants just the wisteria and anubias, your right maybe the wisteria is just transitioning to its submerge form :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store