Where would you mail order plants from?

jakeowen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
Hey everyone, sorry if this has been asked repeatedly, I could not find any threads. I am setting up a 40 gallon breeder. It will house my Crenicichla Regani's.
Anyway I was going to order from Arizona aquatic gardens but I saw some very negative reviews. I am mostly looking for South American stuff, like star grass, nothing too fancy or rare. Most of the online sites I find seem to be out of stock of everything I'm looking for. Who have you had good experiences with, that has a good stock list. I am in NJ if any one local sells plants.
Looking forward to your suggestions,
Thanks,
Jay

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Rather than buy plants online, go to one of the upcoming Aquarium Society auctions in NJ. Jersey Shore Aquarium Society auction (Freehold, NJ), Sunday, March 16.
North Jersey Aquarium Society auction (Lyndhurst,NJ), Sunday April 6. Lots of bags of plants will be available at good prices compared to what you would pay online plus shipping.

jakeowen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
Thanks Joe, I like the idea, but I do not have a car right now and it's tough for me to get to some places. Mail order is actually a lot easier for me.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I order my plants from a site called Green Machine, but thats in the UK. Always get quality plants from them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
I just go on TpT, look at the sales section, and buy from other hobbyists. There are some plants you can only get that way. Otherwise I go to LFS.

If you want a person with a website though, maybe look on aqua bid or try Dustin Fish Tanks (I love hi vids and all but tbh, I think his prices are a little whack)

Pbaff

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
SW Missouri
Almost all of my plants have come from the planted tank forums. I've decent luck with aqua bid in the past, but I've never bought plants from there. I've bought moss on the bay and even from Amazon before, but I prefer to buy from other individuals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store