Potamotrygon schuhmacheri

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
If you cannot find a picture then you will not find one for sale and my guess is if it is that rare they have no clue on size. Work your way up to a 180 starter tank then start your ray hunt, will help save you lots of turmoil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Dude, I've looked at stingrays slot on the internet. The smallest you can get you hands on are scobina, and its difficult. Scobina should max out at 12 - 14 inches, and they need need a 3 wide tank.. No stingray is gonna fit into your 59 gallon. If you can't get a larger tank i'd look at some other fish.

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk App

Derpy007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2014
USA
We'll see what happens. I'll likely keep one and if it doesn't fit sell it on here to get cash for a stingray tank that actually fits adult rays. I figure that if FishBase is correct It might hit up 8 inches which would probably make it happy but if not, I'll quickly sell it and work for a 125g tank.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
We'll see what happens. I'll likely keep one and if it doesn't fit sell it on here to get cash for a stingray tank that actually fits adult rays. I figure that if FishBase is correct It might hit up 8 inches which would probably make it happy but if not, I'll quickly sell it and work for a 125g tank.
The only information about this species is the size, and I doubt it's correct.. If you would manage to find and imported specimen, I doubt it would be cheaper than a 3' wide tank, wich is considered the minimum in width.. Dude, 125 wouldn't be large enough for a scobina.. I currently have and empty 140 gal, and im waiting with stingrays until I can get something larger.

Derpy007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2014
USA
The only information about this species is the size, and I doubt it's correct.. If you would manage to find and imported specimen, I doubt it would be cheaper than a 3' wide tank, wich is considered the minimum in width.. Dude, 125 wouldn't be large enough for a scobina.. I currently have and empty 140 gal, and im waiting with stingrays until I can get something larger.

Lord. 125 is pushing the limits already. Why do I have to like stingrays so much? :p Maybe I can customize a 125 and get it to a point where it would work. A 130 gallons 72 x 42 x 10 would probably work.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Lord. 125 is pushing the limits already. Why do I have to like stingrays so much? :p Maybe I can customize a 125 and get it to a point where it would work. A 130 gallons 72 x 42 x 10 would probably work.
I don't know about that :) Maybe and ray expert will answer that. You say 24" for motoros in height and they should grow to 30", so 9 for a 12 - 14 ray should be ok, I guess. Don't know tho. But scobinas are like 1000 us dollars for a pair if I remember correctly.. (Im no expert or ray keeper, I just read a alot about rays, because im thinking of getting some, so don't hang me up on what im saying)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store