Why is my group of 4 not working?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lol,that is "working" for them,for now..at least they are not fighting.How long have you had them all? It doesn't sound as if you've had them for very long and they haven't gotten comfortable and started to feel each other out yet.

jabsthetank

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2010
California
Lol,that is "working" for them,for now..at least they are not fighting.How long have you had them all? It doesn't sound as if you've had them for very long and they haven't gotten comfortable and started to feel each other out yet.
Mm I see I see. One NTT I've had for a couple years, the AT about a month, the IT and other NTT a little over a week. I first added the AT, and as soon as I did he was getting the crap beat out of him and I had to separate the two. I decided to remove the NTT from the tank that I want them all in so the AT can establish some dominance when I re-add the NTT. While the first NTT was separated, I added another NTT and an IT. The three have been in separate parts of the tank and I re-added the original NTT last night only to see some damage on both NTT this morning. Unfortunately they are fighting. Any tips?

P.S. Thank you for the input

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
More of them together usually helps with aggression issues but is not a guarantee.Whats the tank size,any dithers?,any cover?,what are they eating and,lastly,got some photos of your NTT you've had for years?

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Sounds like you need some dithers/target fish, if the tank is bare I've noticed adding more cover helps since it breaks up sight lines and they don't attack each other so much

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jabsthetank

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2010
California
More of them together usually helps with aggression issues but is not a guarantee.Whats the tank size,any dithers?,any cover?,what are they eating and,lastly,got some photos of your NTT you've had for years?
Tank is 120 gallon 4x2x2 with no dithers only two Odoe Pike. What do you mean by cover? If you mean places to hide, I have a few large anubias that they like to hide under. I feed them tilapia, live black worms and market shrimp. And here's a pic:

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1394484018.967194.jpg

jabsthetank

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2010
California
Sounds like you need some dithers/target fish, if the tank is bare I've noticed adding more cover helps since it breaks up sight lines and they don't attack each other so much

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I'll try adding more giant anubius. Thank you. What dithers would you suggest that won't get eaten or harassed to death by my pair of odoe pike?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store