Official SCUBA thread 2014

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
What's up MFK, I tried making a scuba thread a while back but it didn't get a ton of attention (maybe under wrong subject, I don't know). This is just pretty much anything that has to do with diving. Maybe you're certified or maybe you just did it once on vacation, I DONT CARE people just post about anything you want pertaining to the subject! Let's get this thread going people, I know there isn't as many people on here that dive as those who fish but come on I know a lot of you have before.
So some thread guidelines:
1) it can be about anything that has to do with diving: pictures, videos, stories, personal records, etc.
2) since his is the first time a thread like this has been made you can post about diving from past years as well (try to stay in the 2000-2014 zone as a loose rule).
3) don't hate on others (as applied with all threads :) )
4) for those of the very very very few of you that have had a chance to dive in places like Peru or lake malawi, you had better be posting since that's many of our dreams.
5) have fun with this people, this isn't MY thread it's ALL YOURS, I just created it!

so let's get this thread going people and keep it alive for the rest of the year!

Ill post my first response in a minute.

mods, feel free to move this thread around to where you think it best fits in, just let us know when you do.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Here is my first post, expect a LOT more from me.

certification: advanced open water, getting rescue cert in august.
Preferred diving style: lakes, quarries, coldwater.
favorite dive site: gilboa quarry, NW Ohio
biggest fish I saw diving: 5 foot long, several hundred pound paddlefish
Why I dive: to watch fish obviously!

some pictures from 2013:
!View attachment 996761
View attachment 996759View attachment 996760

I will post some more pictures and videos when I get home!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I wanted to be certified by now but I'm not so I'm an avid snorkeler,lol,does that count?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I wanted to be certified by now but I'm not so I'm an avid snorkeler,lol,does that count?
I will count that, feel like this will get more activity if I do. So feel free to post about that!

so you know what guys, just to get more posts I will count SCUBA, SNUBA, snorkeling, and free diving as part of this thread. Just focus on SCUBA.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Dan will find this sooner or later.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I'm a hopefully addicted diver myself. Just dove Catalina off of so cal this weekend. Love watching fish, inverts, corals. I have some five footage from my go pro in Costa Rica last year. I'll have to dig it out and post

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Hopelessly* Damn auto correct!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
I haven't dove in almost two years now but I love it. Open water certified here and have done multiple dives in the gulf off of both the Mexican and Jamacian coasts. Largest fish I've seen was a grouper, but I've also seen a huge(500+) school of barracuda that was breathtaking as well as dozens of rays which I love to watch.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store