Diamondback terrapin tank help

kroxabp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Aquarium Desert
Hey this is my set up for my terrapins at the moment I want to make my water level higher with cork bark but they will climb out any ideas of a low cost barrier I can put around the top that looks neat and so I can still access the tank easyuploadfromtaptalk1394479301594.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kroxabp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Aquarium Desert
Any suggestions on plastic garden fencing can turtles climb stuff like that

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Any suggestions on plastic garden fencing can turtles climb stuff like that

Turtles in general are very poor climbers. I would think that just about any plastic barrier they can't break down would be fine. But if the water level is that close to the top, I'd be worried about them splashing and it getting outside of the tank or hitting your light fixtures.

kroxabp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Aquarium Desert
Ok.. thanks for the reply... im going to do enough land to avoid any and keep the water top area covered I also use the splash proof bulbs for there basking

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
Ok.. thanks for the reply... im going to do enough land to avoid any and keep the water top area covered I also use the splash proof bulbs for there basking

Remember not to put anything like glass over the uvb light. It blocks all the light

kroxabp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Aquarium Desert
Yeah that was one of things I learned.. but I would be keeping the whole top of the tank open just looking for ideas for a barrier

ChicagoDvd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Chicago, Il
Some turtles are actually very good climbers! I've never owned DBT, but I'd be very cautious. (Just in case!) I know I wasn't expecting my snapper to be a huge climber, he was though!

-ChicagoDavid

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store