Ratio of small and large rays in same tank

swedeboy78

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2011
My crib
Hi all,

What's the largest and smallest sized rays you successfully had together in the same tank?
I have a 6" pair I want to add to the 600 but my largest female is 13" and worried she'll smother the little ones. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
I put in a pair of 6" P-14's with my adults and they were bitten and bugged to the piont I had to remove them and heal them up. When I put them back a couple months later and a little bigger the same thing happend so I sold them as I had no tanks at the time without adults. Not to mention any pups born in my tank usually have bites or damage from the adults or other fish in the tank if you don't get them out quick enough.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Its hard to say. Ive kept calm motoros with almost newborn pups before with no problems but on the other hand i cant put any male of any size in with my male breeder he will go nuts

Depends on the rays....

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

swedeboy78

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2011
My crib
I put in a pair of 6" P-14's with my adults and they were bitten and bugged to the piont I had to remove them and heal them up. When I put them back a couple months later and a little bigger the same thing happend so I sold them as I had no tanks at the time without adults. Not to mention any pups born in my tank usually have bites or damage from the adults or other fish in the tank if you don't get them out quick enough.
Thanks, how big were the adults?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Right now I have a 7" male pearl with a 24" disk p14 with no problems

It all depends on the temperament of the adults my big female fight with each other to much to pay anything else any attention

Getting food the the smaller rays is what you need to watch

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store