Marble Datnoid?

crxlsturbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
Cental Coast,Ca
Has anyone had any experience with these fish? I have a gold datnoid that I've been raising in my 125 for about 4 months now and everything is great with him. I ever got him pellet trained which is very very hard to do. He won't even touch live or frozen food.

My question is are marble datnoid just like normal datnoids? I know marble datnoids are in the same family as the datnoids but they are actually not a true datnoid. I bought it from a lfs about 4 days ago. He looks cool but not as active as my gold datnoid. What do marble datnoid like to eat? He hasn't eaten for 4 days already. The things I've tried are nls pellets, flakes and bloodworms. He won't touch them at all. I haven't tried frozen food yet. I have him in a 55 gallon with 2 bandit Cichlids, 1 ebjd, firemouth, peacock bass. The peacock bass and the marble datnoid are the biggest in the tank about 2-3". All the rest of the fish are smaller.

Also any info about this fish would help to. Thanks all

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SickSauce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2011
Mekong Delta
It's most likely a Chinese perch or a type if perch. Not a datnoid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
As rare and hard to come by as Chinese Perch are it could be but I'm guessing that this marbled datnoid is a nandus nandus.They hardly move in the tank as they are ambush predators.Ive had a few in the past and could not get any of them off of live feeder fish.

crxlsturbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
Cental Coast,Ca
As rare and hard to come by as Chinese Perch are it could be but I'm guessing that this marbled datnoid is a nandus nandus.They hardly move in the tank as they are ambush predators.Ive had a few in the past and could not get any of them off of live feeder fish.
That's correct. By looking at some photos online it does look like what you said. It hardly does move and shows no interest in pellets. Would hate to feed it live feeders. Just gets really expensive but would hate to see the him and the peacock bass die. Looks like I'm going to have to buy some feeder fish for him. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
If it is Nandus Nandus, I got mine off of live fish by offering meal worms and live bugs. After a while, they started taking krill and chopped silversides. I never got them on to pellets.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
If it is Nandus Nandus, I got mine off of live fish by offering meal worms and live bugs. After a while, they started taking krill and chopped silversides. I never got them on to pellets.
That's good to know now.Ive never heard of anyone training them off of live.I may try one again in the future,funny thing is some shops here have labeled them as marbled dats in the past.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store