RO WATER?

coty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2013
gowen.mi
I have a pair of tea cup rays in a 220gal tank. they are about a year old I have always ran RO water with them. hope one day will see then breed. is it right to run RO water for them? or would they be more happy in just tap water? my tap water runs at about 400ppm and I run my RO at about 60ppm in the tank. any input will help....thanks

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I have a pair of tea cup rays in a 220gal tank. they are about a year old I have always ran RO water with them. hope one day will see then breed. is it right to run RO water for them? or would they be more happy in just tap water? my tap water runs at about 400ppm and I run my RO at about 60ppm in the tank. any input will help....thanks
What kind of rays is it?

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Here in Utah our water is 200ppm and we have great luck with stingrays. One guy here has a reticulate female that Is about 13 inches across and looks really good.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
If it's working for you, stick with it.
I would suggest a pH meter, so you always know where it's at. pH swings can kill.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
Id suggest monitoring as well. When using RO water you strip a lot out of your water which can be good and bad as well. You don't want to end up with too low of a KH level as this causes PH crashes when your biological filtration is absorbing whatever KH you have to support itself. Some will find happy medium by splitting the difference between tap and RO water. Thats what id suggest doing unless your tap water is poor quality. Good luck.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Just do a 50/50 treated tap water RO mix it's working well for me and has to be better than just tap water

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store