1 canister filter for a 300g

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
flow rate says 1400gph, which might be fine for a lightly stocked 300g. With two of them you'd have 2800 gph, which is not bad for a 300 gallon. I aim for 10x or more turnover on my tanks.

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
I've had mine for the past year and I would advise against it. If you want a good filter for that tank, go with a eheim 2262 if it's not to heavy stocked. It's going to be hard to find one filter to do that size tank and when you have to clean that filter you should have another still going to keep up the bacteria. Here is the link to my review of mine and issues:

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?543251-Odyssea-CFS14i-Canister-Filter

cdc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2008
Menifee, socal
The tank came with a Jebo 865UV and from what I can find it has a flow rate of 528gph and a filter volume of around 13-15 litres. The problem is there are no media baskets for it. I was thinking of filling it with Bio balls and using it just for bacteria.

The tank does not have a internal overflow but it is drilled on the back of the tank for 2 overflows. I would prefer not to use them as they are only 1" and I dont know how noisy they will be.

Oscar Mike

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
CA
My 240 came with a jebo 865uv, you're the only other person I've seen that has one. Mine still has the baskets but it might actually work filled with bioballs if u raise the intake to help keep out large debris. Or u can call their customer support and try to order baskets but I'm basically using mine as a bio filter with one sponge in the bottom tray and the rest filled with pond matrix

cdc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2008
Menifee, socal
I've had mine for the past year and I would advise against it. If you want a good filter for that tank, go with a eheim 2262 if it's not to heavy stocked. It's going to be hard to find one filter to do that size tank and when you have to clean that filter you should have another still going to keep up the bacteria. Here is the link to my review of mine and issues:

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?543251-Odyssea-CFS14i-Canister-Filter
I just read your review which was heplful, how much flow do you think you lost after you cleaned it for the first time? Do you think it would be good enough if I used my other canister for more Bio?

I was thinking a FX5 maybe better but the flow rate is alot less than the CFS14i.

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
I just read your review which was heplful, how much flow do you think you lost after you cleaned it for the first time? Do you think it would be good enough if I used my other canister for more Bio?

I was thinking a FX5 maybe better but the flow rate is alot less than the CFS14i.
Probably at least half. I would go with the CFS 700. I had that one for years and loved it and sorry I sold it with my old 220 tank.

Sent from my XT1031 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
OK thanks, so you would go with 2xCFS700's and maybe the jebo filled with BIO if I can get it working.
If money is an issue yes. If money wasn't an issue I would go eheim to be honest. The cfs make good mech filters, however they are that and need to be cleaned often.

Sent from my XT1031 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store