Flounder fillet for Frontosa?

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Ok, some of you might have read my other thread, but anyways i have this female front, that has stopped eating, or she chews and then spits out. Im working from the angle that shes bored of her food so id try something else. I was told that fish fillet would be good to try (Something i dont usually feed with) so i have these flounder fillets, more specificly Pleuronectes platessa fillet. Should i try this? Her tankmates are 2 synodontis eupterus, and one unidentified. Theyr a Little agressive eaters, but she can easily compete. So my question basically is: Is Pleuronectes platessa fillet a good idea for my Frontosa Burundi?

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
What do you normally feed your frontosa? im a big pellet fan.. so i prefer pellets over anything (because its easy to store and not messy)... fish fillets should be fine. but if you arent already... i would feed it another food as a treat. beggars cant be choosers. its a fish, if its bored, too bad. And yes, flouder if fine. i feed my fish(as treats) tilapia, swai, flouder, and even sea robin fillets.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
What do you normally feed your frontosa? im a big pellet fan.. so i prefer pellets over anything (because its easy to store and not messy)... fish fillets should be fine. but if you arent already... i would feed it another food as a treat. beggars cant be choosers. its a fish, if its bored, too bad. And yes, flouder if fine. i feed my fish(as treats) tilapia, swai, flouder, and even sea robin fillets.
It stopped eating, so id like to make it start eating Again. If i can get it to eat Again, wich i hope, ill start feeding it pellets. I fed frozen shrimp, but guessing it got bored. It chews it a Little, and then spits it out. Ill try flounder fillet. How do you cut it out and do you remove bones?

Heyguy74

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Jackson, NJ
I have never had a fish get bored of its food. If its stopped eating I would be worried its sick. Try a small piece of the fillet. If it doesn't eat it I would look to treat the fish for internal parasites. How is your water?

Source310

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Phoenix az
We need more info on the fish. Fronts usually eat one day nd skip a few, they have short digestive tract.

How much are you feeding

Bloat is another possibility.

Is ready to breed.
Who knows

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
We need more info on the fish. Fronts usually eat one day nd skip a few, they have short digestive tract.

How much are you feeding

Bloat is another possibility.

Is ready to breed.
Who knows

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Hi. Maybe a week ago it did the laying eggs or breeding movement. It's eating now, only mosquito larvae (I think it's eating, maybe it's spitting them out) but its not gaining weight, still thind. I finished treating with exit with is a general parasite cure. You can go in my frontosa spitting out food, and all info and pictures are there. All help is appreciated.

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store