Tank Mates for Two Floirda Gars??

Gerbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
Littleton, CO
So I recently picked up my second Florida Gar, I have had my first one for about a year now and hes 12ish inches. The new one is around 9. I have them in a 125g right now (I am really looking for a 250g+ before I move in the next 6 months that I'll store for them until I move). With them are a large pleco and a redtail catfish, which I'm selling because I stupidly bought it awhile back and is quickly becoming a food hog, overly aggressive, and of course gonna be way too large soon. My question is what will be the best tank mates for them? I know that they kinda leave everyone alone except food sized fish, so I'm assuming most fish will work. I really want to get a baby ray when I get rid of the catfish, But I can't think of anything else... Would a stingray work? And what other suggestions do people have?? Like I said, when I move I want at minimum a 250 so I'll have a decent range of options..

Here they are!
IMG_8781.jpg

IMG_8781.jpg

Matt catfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2013
Worthing,west Sussex,england
theres a guy on ebay in the uk who custom makes tanks to your spec.it cost me £1200 including tank,stand,hood my big cats were in this until they got to big and they have moved into the tropical pond in the garage giving me a bit more tank room.

Gerbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
Littleton, CO
I'm in the US so I don''t know if a custom tank from the UK would work..... Haha

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
I have my gar in with peacock bass, Severums,an Oscar, and bala sharks. The only I issue I have is feeding him because the other fish out compete him for food. Other than that they are fine together no issues

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store