*****************s acclimation guide- just dump them in

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
Check out *****************’s acclimation guide… (basically, clean your tank then dump them in)

http://www.*****************/pages/warranty.htm#top2

7. How to Unbag the Fish
1. Cut the top off of bag with a pair of scissors.
2. Pour almost all of the water from the bag into a clean bucket, but leave the fish in the bag.
3. Then pour the fish and the remaining small amount of water into your fish's new home.
4. Do not float the bag.
5. Do not slowly add your water to the bag.
6. Do not aerate the water in the bag.

Kinda weird to see an outfit in the business suggesting this....

ooh.. party foul adding a link here? xxx.*****************.xxx
trying again..."aquariumnet"

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
If those directions are real they are banking on repeat business from people who don't know better.

boogeyman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2012
Wilmington nc
Thats usually what do with my fish unless the water temp is big diff and ive never had a problem

Sent from my SPH-L720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

oneyedfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
West Chester, PA
Search MFK for the thread 'Acclimating LARGE fish' started by Miles. I have been using 'squirt and dump' for shipped fish, and just 'dump' for LFS fish for over 2 decades... I have never lost a fish because of acclimatization methods.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I pour fish and bagged water in a bucket. Dump a glass of tank water in every couple minutes till I have tripled the volume. Net the fish and throw them in. It never takes more than ten minutes. I have never had a problem doing this in 44 years. Knock wood I have never introduced disease.

Edit: I have had to release some giant fish, 2 footers, directly in.

d3r

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2013
Detroit, MI (motor city)
When i was very VERY inexperienced i dropped 8 fish from a 80degree 5gal bucket into a frigid 60degree tank. - i still have those fish to this day.

**not saying this is a good idea, just giving an example of what fish can handle haha.

Now i use the slow drip technique.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I have been using 'squirt and dump' for shipped fish, and just 'dump' for LFS fish for over 2 decades... I have never lost a fish because of acclimatization methods.
ditto

I used to help a buddy who imported Asian aros unload his shipments from Singapore, fish worth thousands of dollars, that had been shipped halfway around the world, and they went straight from the bags into his holding tanks. Never once saw a stressed fish from this method.

Acclimation is generally only required when fish are going from a high pH and more importantly a high TDS, to a low TDS, which can cause osmotic shock. That, and if there's a significant difference in water temps. Otherwise most fish are better off using the net and dump method.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Yeah, I'm not really one to do a whole lot of acclimating. Only if there is a BIG temp difference. Otherwise.....PLOP!

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Never had a problem plopping a fish from a bag into a tank as long as the tank water is the same or slightly warmer than the bag water. Never add the water from the bag to the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store