Broken Eheim

Embittered

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2010
New York
I bought a brand new Eheim 2217 yesterday. Managed to set it up without any problems. Primed it properly and had I running in no time. I left it running and went to bed, woke up in the middle of the night to a loud clanking noise and a slight smell of burnt plastic. Immediately the canister came to mind. I checked it out and turns out the damn thing broke. The magnet part where the impeller goes was cracked in multiple pieces. I thought maybe some substrate got caught in there but i checked and there was no trace of any. Completely stumped, do you guys have any suggestions as to how this could of happened? Also would eheim possibly help me out in this situation or am i out of luckimage.jpg

On an other note, i have been trying to contact eheim customer support but have had no luck. Called, left messages, and emails but not a single response yet.

image.jpg

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Bring it back to the store where you bought it? They'll swap it out. Did you buy with an AmEx, credit card companies will help out with this, too. I'm sure Eheim will replace it....if you can get them on the phone

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Eheim will replace it if its under warranty but their service is slow. I have read many horrible reviews about Eheim ignoring email claims or slow to response. You would think they have fast service for a company that over charged on all their fish products. My next canister will be from America to support American economy. You should plan on picking up another canister to use while getting your warranty claim sorted out with Eheim. I like Rena XP 3. Best bang for the buck canister.

Embittered

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2010
New York
I called the store i bought it from and they told me to call eheim for a replacement, so thats out of the question for now. As for the credit cards, nope paid in cash. Im sh*t out of luck it seems. I would buy a replacement filter but im out of spending money till saturday. This entire situation is beyond frustrating

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
You can trying running a sponge filter or make your own bio filter for emergency use. All you need is a 2 litres soda bottle, bio media, bio foam or floss, and a powerhead. Cut some small holes at the bottom of the bottle. Use a long stick to push you media foam or floss down to make it seat correctly. Pour in your bio media then insert another bio foam or floss. Now you can slap on a powerhead at the bottle neck and use zip tie to hold the powerhead in place. It's a gangsta looking bio filter but it does the job on a budget while you get your filter replace.

Embittered

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2010
New York
Been trying for the past two days to contact Eheim. Emails, phone calls, and I have left messages. Not a single response from them yet. They actually make you hold just to be able to leave them a message, ridiculous... Anyone here know how to get in contact with an eheim rep?

jstehman

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Omaha, NE
Email worked for me.

Eheimna.com -> support -> contact us.

Last time I had a warranty replacement took about a week for them to contact me back.

I would just hang in there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Bring it back to the store. They sold you a broken item. It's that simple. Got the receipt? Tell them you don't like it.

This is not Eheim's fault. Probably poor shipping.

HarleyK

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ZEROPILOT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2013
South east Florida
Back to the store. Receipt in hand. Quickly!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store