Hello everyone from the Pacific Northwest!

Hope_WA

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2014
Washington State
Hi everyone!

My name is Hope and I'm from the dry, eastern part of Washington State. I have two tanks. The first is a 29 gallon freshwater tank with a bunch small, non-aggressive fish: neon tetras, glass cats, balloon-bellied mollys, a rainbow fish, another type of tetra, an otocinclus, a clown pleco, a hillstream loach, a tiny puffer fish, and an unidentified, long skinny algae eater. My second tank is home to my motoro stingray. I currently have him in a 75 gallon tank but just bought a 150 gallon tank to move him into.

The ray was originally purchased by a friend of mine who was given some horribly inaccurate information by a local pet store. They told her that she could start out with a 20 gallon tank, that they are not aggressive, and that they didn’t need any special care. We quickly figured out this wasn’t the case.

I am a little worried that the 150 won’t be big enough for him in the long run but I’m doing the best I can to set it up right. I will be using a 55 gallon tank as a sump with a refugium. If I need to buy a bigger tank, I will, but for now the 150 will be a big step up from the 75 he was in before.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
welcome to the site from another Washingtonian. I am the west side, the wet side. Monroe.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Welcome to the forum! Now your hobby will turn more into an addiction :)

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
Welcome from another Washingtonian as well!! Also from the wet side ^_^

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Thanks everyone for the welcome. It's amazing how fast a small tank can escalate into a big hobby.
yes it is!! started with a 10g, now 2 75g, 1 90g. and a 180g. ohh and a 30g JD fry tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store