Id this Hitchhiker?

SkeptikalScabies

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
found this little guy burrowing along the glass in my 2.5 gallon marine tank. The tank has been running around three months now. From what Ive observed its about a centimeter long, has at least 12 legs, has a segmented body, and doesn't have a surface entrance to its burrow, it spends all day moving back and forth in this little 2 inch long tunnel, I cant find anything this big on any hitchhiker lists, I don't know where the live rock came from, and im afraid it might eat my dart goby if it decides it wants to. On the other hand, id rather not disturb it if I dont need to because it does add just that much more to this little aquarium. Bad grammar aside, can anyone ID this critter?
image (17).jpeg
sorry it isnt any bigger and is also upside down! oh well.

image (17).jpeg

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
Hard to say... I looked through what I have easily available research wise and couldn't find anything that fits well. I would assume some sort of worm. That said if there is no surface burrow exit I wouldn't worry about it eating anything, there are many critters that spend their entire lives under the sand. You never know, but I tend to trust most things I can't I'd rather then assume it's bad and kill it... (something I have seen a lot of people do to cool things like Chitons). Just keep an eye on it for now is what I would do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store