red devil

Status
Not open for further replies.

phene4grene420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
york, pa
lol....so i bought a red devil (might not even be a red devil for all i know) today at petco for $7.99....it's about 3 1/2 inches long. tossed him in my 75 gallon along with a few other cichlids. he started beating up all my fish, then my sveni pike, which is about 5 inches long quickly swam up to him and latched onto it's face all the way up to the eye balls. there's no way this pike could eat him, but yea i dont want him hurting or dying from stress. they both just sat there motionless in the tank, pike holding the red devil. i tapped on the glass and said 'hey you two let's break it up'. sure enough they did, but did it again in a few seconds. so i got the red devil chillin in a 10 gallon until my cousin brings his 30 gallon up here tomorrow. what kinds of cichlids can be put in the same tank as this devil?

phene4grene420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
york, pa
piranha45 said:
african mbuna
this what you're talking about? cuz i bought him last week from the same store, kept in the same tank.....

see when i bought the blue guy, they had him labeled as 'large cichlid', with no real name. originally they wanted $29.99 but i got him for $10.99 after nobody bought it for a few weeks.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
yes that a scolofi

auratus, zebra, kenyi, yellow labs, johanni, and other such mbuna would also work

dragonhead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2005
asia
red devils are one of the mot aggresive cichlids...(",)
i use to have some of these cool fishes about 2 years ago, and now they're dead!

piggy67

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2007
Michigan
mine is soooo mean i can't put anything with him.the con/dempsey/flowerhorn was removed due to massive harassment by the rd(crazy fish):nilly:

003.JPG

piggy67

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2007
Michigan
forgive my ignorance...what is 3 year bump? no flamming please i'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com