air pump for sump?

MarineMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Southern California
Finally able to pick up the 300g glass tank tomorrow and can begin cleaning it up. The task is drilled with a center overflow and returns, although to be honest in not sure what size they are yet. Since it has the overflow I'll be designing some kind of sump or sump/refugium for it. I noticed some of you run an airline to large air stones or make some kind of diy drilled pvc grid to aerate the bio media. What is a good brand and size pump for this type of setup? I'm Also considering one to run a large air stone in my 180g or maybe a bubble wall. What do you use in your large tanks?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I have 100 liters of K1 in a 100 gallon stock tank. I bought a Supreme Pondmaster AP 60. I wish I had gotten the AP100. I suggest you research the airstones and get ones that make large bubbles. Large bubbles "boil" the media better.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I use an ap100 pondmaster in a 150 gallon sump with about 250L of k1 on my 450. Never have a trace of ammonia or nitrite. Even when I go on vacation and my fish sitter leaves rotting smelts stuck to the overflow drains for a week.

Great media

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store