Old shark tank overloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L8braker

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
AVL, NC
Wow that's horrible! I will have a new 8x6 that could house a few of those if you want to donate them :D

Sharkzilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2014
California
Only the smoothhounds are in there now. The rest are in a 8ft diameter pool, 3.5ft deep. They were only in that tank for about 2 1/2 weeks. They were not eating and had parasites in their previous tank. I gave them some saltwater collected from the ocean, kept it chilled it to 61°, plucked off parasites from their mouth and they started eating day 7. I'll try and get some updated pictures before they get released. I would give them away for free as they are releasing them anyways, but would be very pricey to ship.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
It's illegal to release them witout proper paperwork. Are those leopards of legal size to have in the first place? (36")

tampa_bass

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2012
your girlfriend's
It's illegal to release them witout proper paperwork. Are those leopards of legal size to have in the first place? (36")
If you have proof they were purchased and imported the size limit for California doesn't apply right zoodiver?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Sharkzilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2014
California
The guy who has them lives at the beach, I don't think he will file for proper paperwork before he tosses them in. As far as legal size, they sell pups all day at the pet stores, they are sold as Mexican Leopard sharks. They also sell all sorts of Anemones that are otherwise illegal to collect in CA.

Huntington Beach and Westminster CA. Have a lot of pet stores with hard to find fish, it's a pretty big fad in those areas. Any one in Socal should check them all out.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Nobody captive breeds them for the general public. So all pups are black market. Anything under 36" is illegal to have in the US.

Tossing them back is a major criminal offense and very bad for the environment.

This is why there are dwindling populations of leopard sharks and they are protected. Too many people don't care and act illegally.

I hope he gets caught. People like him are killing our shark populations in the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store