Looking for the best pumps around

cheon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Got a new 750gal looking for a power efficency.quite external pump. What company makes the best pumps? Looking for 4000 gph.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
You won't find those two things in a pump at that capacity. Really, go look at pond suppliers. I have been shopping for the same thing. The brands that seem to be most used for aquariums (Reeflo) don't seem as power efficient or have as long a warranty. The pond pumps, I fear will be noisier since they are designed to be outside. Good luck in your search.

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
I haven't tried these yet... but a friend has told me they are the s*** lol word for word...

Aquael PFN PLUS you can get 25 000 LPH ( 6000 gallons ruffly...) @ 350W but they are DC and controllable so you can reduce the flow which in turn will reduce the wattage.

I think if these last they will be my new pump.. I really liked the waveline DCs but too many have now died on me so I dont trust them + these pumps have a complete different build and nicer specs in my eyes.

Otherwise id go with a laguna only pumps that have not played up on me to date.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa

cheon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Thx for the input db which one is the one u use 1.7? How is the sound? Also does it heat the water ?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Thx for the input db which one is the one u use 1.7? How is the sound? Also does it heat the water ?

I get by with my cheap Darts....... lol. I'd love to try one of those Sweet Water pumps but honestly, IF I had that kind of money to spend on a pump, it would be hard not to resort back to a pair of Darts, since they're half the price.....

Would be very curious to see what the kill o watt readings are on those Sweet Water pumps.

The Wlim pumps are really nice too. I believe they use one of the motors you can get on Darts (Emerson)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store