My first reseal job

Scorpio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2008
Queens, NY
I got two 55g for $80 bucks, the silicone in one of them was awful so I decided to redo it. I watched a few videos on YOUTUBE and proceed. Removed the old silicone and cleaned with alcohol. I’m happy with the result; I’ll wait 24-48 hrs and filled with water.

REMOVED SILICONE

PREPARED THE TANK

SILICONED

Scorpio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2008
Queens, NY
Thanks for your words, I wanted to do it the right way. The test will be tomorrow when I'll fill it with water. Hopefully won't leak.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Seeing that you're from the northeast where its cold right now, I would wait about a week for it to completely cure before filling it. It may feel fine to the touch, but may not be fully cured throughout. IMHO

ascarbo27

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
tampa fl
nice job, i may buy a tank that has a broken top bracket, 225 gallon, do you think it'd be an easy job to reseal?

Scorpio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2008
Queens, NY
Seeing that you're from the northeast where its cold right now, I would wait about a week for it to completely cure before filling it. It may feel fine to the touch, but may not be fully cured throughout. IMHO
Yeah you right, maybe I'll take it to the Boiler rm, haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Yeah you right, maybe I'll take it to the Boiler rm, haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
If that's an feasible option, do it.

Scorpio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2008
Queens, NY
nice job, i may buy a tank that has a broken top bracket, 225 gallon, do you think it'd be an easy job to reseal?
Yes but do not use GE 1 or Aquarium silicone sold in Pet shops, instead use MOMENTIVE SILICONE RTV100 which is stronger. On a tank that size (225g) it will work perfect. I read is used by Aquarium Manufacturers and can be order from Grainger.

If that's an feasible option, do it.
Humm I just put a heater in the room where the tank is. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store