Is this a good deal?

Paperlantern4

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2014
Maine
www.facebook.com
Thank you to everyone here, because about a month ago I was pretty excited about a 50 gallon tank I was thinking of getting. I thought $300 was a good deal, but thankfully everyone here let me know that $300 is a high price to pay for a used tank.

Just today I came across a woman who is selling her 80 gallon tank with everything included (stand, filter, heater, and decorations) for $150. She is in the next town over, so going to pick it up shouldn't be a big deal. I saw pictures and the tank is holding water, I asked if I could see it holding water in person and she said it's fine. She will also throw in some fish she has for sale if I want (she has oscars and silver dollars) but I think I'll pass since I REALLY want an Elephant Nose fish. Anyway, is $150 an ok deal for an 80 gallon with all the above mentioned things included? Because it so, it's time for me to celebrate! :nilly:

Paperlantern4

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2014
Maine
www.facebook.com
It's the best deal I've seen in a long time. I honestly haven't seen any 50 gallons for under $250 in this area, so when she said $150 for an 80 gallon I got pretty excited. I'll wait for a little more feedback before deciding whether I'm going to take it or not. Thanks for your input, though. :)

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Doesnt sound like a bad deal, a lot goes into it though like condition and what the pieces are but I dont think thats a bad deal at all especially if its close and what you are looking for.

Paperlantern4

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2014
Maine
www.facebook.com
Matt S, I have NO idea. All I know is I want to start off with an Elephant Nose fish. I've been researching them like crazy and I'm just completely in love with them. I want to give him a month or two to get settled and everything before adding any other fish. Beyond that, I have no idea. I just know his tankmate(s) will need to be peaceful and probably not bottom-feeders since the Elephant Nose tends to feed from the bottom of the tank and is a shy eater.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
thats a good deal,snap it up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store