New to the board

Larimar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Mississauga Ontario
Hi everyone :) I'm new here

I started with my first aquarium in my early twenties, but didn't continue after my favourite fish died (a betta) I had a community tank, 20 gallons. I moved 8 hours away from my city with my boyfriend. We both want to start this hobby again(him for the first time really). It's possible to bring back my aquarium, but a bit of a hassle. We are thinking of purchasing a used tank, a 75 gallon. It's just a lil over 200 dollars for everything- including a table for it.. Is that a good price? I think it is! :)

My real name is Sarah, I am an author of a spiritual medium book and working on a tarot deck right now. I love animals , rescued two black cats, and am vegetarian (the animals are not lol).
That's a bit about me!

My favourite fish is the clown loach, it's too bad I can't own one.
I'd like an elephantnose, are those okay in a 75?
I am definitely interested in a crayfish too. The fish aquarium store has many of them, but they don't seem to have labels or name tags like the fish in the tank do..so I have no means to research the ones they have. (Below I attached a pic of some. I don't know for sure if it is a crayfish.).

We definitely want silver hatchetfish too.

Any advice?

20140315_155047[1].jpg

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
Welcome! Clown loaches are best kept in groups. Take a look at the subforum threads here on loaches for more info. Good luck :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Welcome to the addiction, I mean hobby :)

if you need any help (especially on catfish, which everyone should have at least one of) then let me know. I'm always happy to assist new hobbyists!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store