Disney aquarium pops a leak

smosh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Toronto
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014...downtown-disney-restaurant/?intcmp=latestnews

This article got me thinking: do we all have back-up plans if our big tank broke? I don't know what kind of fish they had in that aquarium, but considering the size of the tank I bet it would be tough to rehome the fishes while the tank is repaired. I sprung a leak in a turtle tank once and was able to use put it in a rubbermaid tub. If you spring a leak on a monster tank though... Where do the fishes go?

corn fed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Nebraska
Big rubbermaid stock tank from tractor supply can be your very good friend in that type of situation. Or some cinder blocks and a pond liner on a concrete floor. Just some quick ideas on the fly.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
I dont really have a backup plan, but I dont keep particularly large fish anymore, so it's not that big a problem. I do, however, have a room filled with reptiles, which means lots of electrical appliances... so in the event of a leak, the first thing I do is pull every power strip out of the wall.

wasilvers1074

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
United States
This is another good reason to have a boat with a livewell ;)

I think many have second tanks around here. The fish might be cramped for awhile, but it's not for the longterm.

smosh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Toronto
cinderblocks and a pond liner? Now that is an interesting ideas.

Anyone ever have to fill the tub for a fish?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
if it were to blow i would at least attempt getting them into water maybe the bath and then buy a kiddie pool...

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
Bath tub would be a good idea, but I dont know how to ensure there isnt any residual soap in there that could kill the fish.

Not to mention the litter box is in the bath tub in my house, so there's cat pee in there too...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store