x-treme Cichlid food?

1eyedbicher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2013
west
Anyone else trying this brand? I thought I would give it a shot ,the ingredients check out,The companies' back ground seems cool so I bought the "Big Fella" variety as something to rotate into My Festae grow out feeding program W/ N.L.S. thera -a and Hikari -both of which My fish attack ...They aint havin it! Haha-they spit it out just about every time ...My clown loaches LOVE it though sooo I can still use it. Just wondering if anyone else had this experience.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
yes I have heard of it.. if I remember correctly there was a thread on it a while back ,,,seems it had a following ,,

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I use Big Fella. I tried Monster for the monsters, but most of the pellets were broken. I sent the company an email asking if that is normal and they didn't respond. I did some research on line and it appears that is normal. I won't buy it any more. I will still use Big Fella.

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
I have used monster pellets for quite some time. I have noticed the water quality goes a bit out of wack. Vacuuming the gravel turns redish . Depending on how much you feed your fish. I stopped using monster fish pellets due to this reason and have switched to nightcrawlers ,NLS . The water quality seemed to improve

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I have used monster pellets for quite some time. I have noticed the water quality goes a bit out of wack. Vacuuming the gravel turns redish . Depending on how much you feed your fish. I stopped using monster fish pellets due to this reason and have switched to nightcrawlers ,NLS . The water quality seemed to improve
Do you think this was from fish waste or uneaten food powder? I haven't noticed that. I have noticed it with my Bichirs and lungfish on Massivore, though. It doesn't seem to affect the water quality with me. Did you have the broken pelllet problem with monster?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Ive used Xtreme before and was not overly impressed. The pricing on the stuff is pretty decent in the big containers but the fish did not really seem interested in it much. I used up my container and moved on.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Oh, man..... if they didn't like this steer clear of NLS. That is all the rage on this forum, so I bought 4 LB buckets. I starved everyone and they nibble at it. I guess it takes less food because they won't eat it?

ZEROPILOT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2013
South east Florida
My fish LOVE Xtreme. My big Flowerhorn likes to be hand fed it as a treat. I have to watch it, though. They'll eat it at the surface and as it sinks, but ignore it once it reaches the bottom. And it quickly dissolves and turns into a mess. I've been unable to locate this food locally and I'd buy it if I could.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store