hi everyone

MALONE191

Feeder Fish
Mar 18, 2014
california
My name is skylar. I have been into aquariums for 6 years or ao now I started out with a 90 gallon. With a community tank in a way I had discus tetras bgk plecos and a aro. Aold that tank got into cyphos I lost my colony to heater failure. I thought the tank overheated because of where it was at but I tried to use the heater and it wouldn't even work. Anyways I now have a 125 with a few peacock cichlids but not really satisfied with it. I want another aro really bad. I know a 125 isn't the right size I'm gonna upgrade again in a year or so hopefully sooner. But could I keep a clown knife with it and some peacock bass.

Thanks,
Skylar

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Yeah u can keep them I recommend you buy a small arowana,along with along with a small clown knife and a small peacock bass . Remember the peacock cichlids grow slowly, and peacock bass are something entirely different even the arowana. So your peacock Cichlid can get eaten easily so start with small fish but you will need a new and a bigger tank atleast 5 foot. But your going to upgrade your tank after a year or so, so you'll have to do 50% partial water changes every week to keep your fish healthy and happy. Good luck skylar

MALONE191

Feeder Fish
Mar 18, 2014
california
So I got rid of all my peacock cichlids so now I have a 4 inch aro I have kept one before so I know their diet his main staple will be jumbo carnie sticks and I got 2 2 inch peacock bass and a spotless gold clown knife he is so cool I have never seen one before they are all in a 6 foot 125 I think they will be good for a while but I'm still gonna upgrade.x

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
So I got rid of all my peacock cichlids so now I have a 4 inch aro I have kept one before so I know their diet his main staple will be jumbo carnie sticks and I got 2 2 inch peacock bass and a spotless gold clown knife he is so cool I have never seen one before they are all in a 6 foot 125 I think they will be good for a while but I'm still gonna upgrade.x
what aro?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Good skylar enjoy your fish. Just don't over feed them and don't put your hand in the aquarium very often I might stress the fish. Congrats

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Only reason I ask is because your silver aro will outgrow the tank really quickly.. less than a year I'd say

MALONE191

Feeder Fish
Mar 18, 2014
california
Only reason I ask is because your silver aro will outgrow the tank really quickly.. less than a year I'd say

yes its only 18" but when i had my last aro in a 90 long it was only 14" wide and he was about 16 inches or so in 8 months and he was fine i know im gonna need to upgrade. but everything i have read says once they hit 18 or 20 inches they slow way down is this true. im getting ready to add a marble hifin acrhara good or bad idea

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
yes its only 18" but when i had my last aro in a 90 long it was only 14" wide and he was about 16 inches or so in 8 months and he was fine i know im gonna need to upgrade. but everything i have read says once they hit 18 or 20 inches they slow way down is this true. im getting ready to add a marble hifin acrhara good or bad idea
You're adding a lot which will get very big.. the achara will be ok for a while. from what ive seen, the silver aro will hit 24" n then slow down. once the aro gets past 18", due to lack of space, he may get incredibly jumpy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store