arowana beat up now dieing

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
my baby silver arowana got beat up by my oscar i removed the oscar and put him in the pond with the tsn because i do not have anywhere else to put him my arowana now by himself but he is all beat up fins are torn lots of his scales are missing i dont want him to die i increase aeration what else can i do to help

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Oh no sorry to hear that dude :(
If it was me , plenty of oxygen (which you've done by sounds of things) melafix or and aquarium salt he'll heal up pretty quick using these melafix is like magic if plenty of oxygen involved , good luck mate hope he recovers

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
He'll heal, you may want to give him so sort of light medicine to keep his wounds cleaning. In my experience, plenty of oxygen and good makes my fish heal

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
How small is this baby? If it is under 7-8 inches, it is very vulnerable. They are tough as adults but babies not so much. Keep the tank dark and add non iodized salt. Raise the temp to about 82.

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
unfortunately he is 5 inches and is in the bottom turining upside down he has really deep wounds in his body i dont want him to die i added salt extra aeration and melafix hope this helps

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
unfortunately he is 5 inches and is in the bottom turining upside down he has really deep wounds in his body i dont want him to die i added salt extra aeration and melafix hope this helps
As other people said, these Little Guys heal up quick :) I'm sure now with the aeration and melafix, he'll be good :)

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
Doesn't look good. How long did you let the Oscar beat on him before deciding to move it? They should really be kept by themselves when this small.

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Yea when they loose stability it's normally to late :( +1 for growing them out alone until they reach around 10", as said by someone else they are very fragile before they put a bit of size on

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store