moving a 2ft arowana and 6ft tank to new house terrified at the thought

midcuk

Feeder Fish
May 16, 2006
durham
Hi all
i will be moving house soon and need to move my fishtank and the logistics are scaring me, i want to cause my fish as little stress as possible what is the best way to move the aquarium.
due to its size i will not be able to take most of the tank water (i will take as much as possible) and the fish will be in bags for approximately 6 hours during the move any ideas?.

The plan is to move my arowana to an 8ft tank once moved but i can not have the custom tank delivered until 5 weeks after the move (which again will be another stressful move for the fish)so effectively i will be taking the fish out (was thinking koi sock and then large dark container) draining the tank , moving the tank and fish (and all sofas beds tv's kids etc) to the new house, setting the tank up as priority (wife will not be amused), then getting the arowana in as soon as possible, this is the only logical way i can think of doing it, but i think it will stress him out, any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

the only other option is to potentially find a local aquarium shop to fish sit for a couple of weeks over the move making it less stressful for the fish but i am not sure of any local ones with the capacity for a large fish (plus i would worry about him).

thoughts appreciated.

chris

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
As far as the fish goes, I would get a very large Rubbermaid container. Get an ac power inverter for you vehicle. Run an air pump and heater if needed also a submersible filter if possible. I did a 22 hour drive from nj to Tampa and that's what I did. Worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store