Going away..

shawe1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2013
Hertfordshire, England
Im away next week, leave on monday morning, home on friday afternoon. Is it possible do me to not feed my fish for the 3 days in between? I also have some 1cm fry growing out..

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm not sure about the fry but most juvenile to adult sized fish will get through those days of fasting with no problems.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Ya they will be fine but like krich said the fry may have some trouble. An auto feeder with a few ground up flakes should do the trick for them though:)

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; 1 cm is around half an inch. The fry should handle three days regardless. I would fed them well the day you leave being careful to not feed too mucjh and possibly cloud the water.
I have used automatic feeders with success before. I suggest setting one up a week or so ahead of time. They can sometimes need adjustments which has taken a few days.
Good luck

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Hello; 1 cm is around half an inch. The fry should handle three days regardless. I would fed them well the day you leave being careful to not feed too mucjh and possibly cloud the water.
I have used automatic feeders with success before. I suggest setting one up a week or so ahead of time. They can sometimes need adjustments which has taken a few days.
Good luck
I'm glad you said success because auto feeders have worked for me and sometimes do not. In this situation I would say no problem using one.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin

mobaman1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2013
here and there
They'll be fine, I travel a little for work and have left several types of fry for 3-4 days without food many times. (peacocks,tangs, ect)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store