65 Gallon Stocking? Filtration?

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey Everyone,

Just looking for ideas on what kinds of unique fish are out there in the freshwater world for a 65 gallon tank. I personally like predator fish so this tank is going to have some kind of predator looking fish in it with some "living room" friends eye catching fish or and all out nice tank to look at lol.

I did play with the idea of doing an adult pair of discus fish with a bunch of little fish around however I don't want it to be a high maintenance tank even with an adult pair of discus and a sump I doubt I can get away with bi weekly water changes. What do you guys recommend? If it helps the 65 gallon has a corner overflow so automatic sump is a necessary.

I always liked senegals if that helps lol but still need some kind of "beauty" in the tank lol.

Also what are your ideas on a sump media? My cousin is giving me the 65 gallon with corner overflow as well as his 20 gallon long sump. Is a 20 gallon long good enough as a sump? Also whats an effective sump for freshwater, just filter sock-k1 or k2 media-return pump is that good enough? Last but not least what size pump is good he is giving the Mag 5--500gph is that enough or should I get a bigger one, I think I have a bigger one somewhere?

Thanks A Million!

Libpete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
England
Id go with pike cichlid for the predator.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store