Hallo from Indonesia

StevenTan

Feeder Fish
Mar 21, 2014
Surabaya, indonesia
Hai guys, I'm steven from Indonesia..happy to meet n share with all cichlid lover here, finally I just join this forum today, after being silent reader all this time..
I want to share with u guys my south american cichlid tank, hope u guys can comment on it whether is it overstock or maybe got something else I need to take note.. thanks guys!

My tank size:
190cm x 55cm x 55cm = 575L

Filter:
1x undergravel filter (1400l/h)
1x internal filter (1300l/h)
2x sump filter with chambered glass box @3000l/h
Glass box size: (2x) 55cm x 40cm x 40cm = 176 litre
Filter media: Japmat, sponge, Cotton wool, bioball, ceramic ring, active carbon

Aquarium setup:
Silica sand mix with xtra small gravel
Some river stone, and driftwood with few anubias plant

Lighting:
Led light 150cm

Fish stock:
5x geophagus red head tapajos
3x uaru cichlid
3x altum angelfish
3x Ramirezi
1x true parrot cichlid
1x golden severum
1x green severum
1x ? Severum (heros efasciatus 'belem')
20x black phantom tetra

I still dunno how to post pic, but soon as I figured it out I will post some pics..
Maybe some member here can teach me how to do it? :)

StevenTan

Feeder Fish
Mar 21, 2014
Surabaya, indonesia
Forget to mention I also got a chocolate cichlid (hypselecara temporalis) as well, and seems to be male, actually all the fish seems to be peacefull but after I put true parrot cichlid the temporalis tend to flare to it.. I still have no idea abt the sex of the parrot.. any idea how to reduce the aggresion of my chocolate?
Thanks guys

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Welcome!

The chocolate is just displaying dominance. They are more threat than harm, so you shouldn't have to worry about physical attacks.

StevenTan

Feeder Fish
Mar 21, 2014
Surabaya, indonesia
Hai all just getting rid of chocolate this morning, i got a feeling that my chocolate keep bulliying my parrot and its true, its tail started to shredded..so i put my chocolate in my pond, and i'm planning after a few days i'll put it back in my aquarium, hopefully my parrot could established a territory and my chocolates will see my parrot as the dominant one, does anyone try this trick before?

@erlika: hai erlika, u are also from sby right? Been reading on your comments in other forum as well.. How's ur pbass? :)

drummerboy1248

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
Texas, USA
I would expect the Choco to settle down as I have found them to be relatively peaceful. Mine does a little chasing, but no damage. Though he has responded to an aggressive breeding male T. Meeki with some vicious shots. Firemouth was asking for it.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
welcome, i would reverse flow the under gravel filter if you can and put good meaty sponge filer on the intake.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store