Spray Bar Question...

Dadwith2boys

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2014
Monticello, MN
I have a 120 gallon XH... 60x18x24.. using PFS... will be for African Cichlids..

So, I have the FX6 (media Black Bio-Foam (top), Ceremic Rings (middle), Seachem Matrix Bio Media in Bags (bottom)) running with a DIY spray bar on the short side pushing water from right to left, I might change that up and make it go the length of the tank. Now the inlet is on the opposite side of the tank about 1.5 feet from the side and about 4 inches above the PFS.

Now, I also have the C-530 I am thinking about hooking up. Not sure what configuration to do or media to put in the C-530.

Thank You kindly for any and all information and advise

Skurj

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2013
GTA Ontario Canada
I have a 180 with 2 trim braces crossing the tank with 2 canisters. I put the return from each canister in opposite back corners. Then I put the intakes towards the middle of the tank. I didn't cross them over.

So from front of the tank left to right.. 2262 spray bar..............2262 intake..AC110..FX6 intake...................fx6 return nozzles

ZEROPILOT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2013
South east Florida
DAD, your font is very hard to read. AND I'm half blind.............

Dadwith2boys

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2014
Monticello, MN
DAD, your font is very hard to read. AND I'm half blind.............

Not sure why it is hard to read.

"So, I have the FX6 (media Black Bio-Foam (top), Ceremic Rings (middle), Seachem Matrix Bio Media in Bags (bottom)) running with a DIY spray bar on the short side pushing water from right to left, I might change that up and make it go the length of the tank. Now the inlet is on the opposite side of the tank about 1.5 feet from the side and about 4 inches above the PFS.

Now, I also have the C-530 I am thinking about hooking up. Not sure what configuration to do or media to put in the C-530.

Thank You kindly for any and all information and advise"

How is that???

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
Are you typing out the paragraph somewhere else and then copy pasting it to the thread. It is changing the color of your letters to gray. So the gray is very hard to read against the blue. If you go into advanced you can change the font back to white. Also, Zeropilot...if you left click the paragraph and highlight it, it gives the background and words a contrast so that you can read it easier.

Dadwith2boys

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2014
Monticello, MN
So, I have the FX6 (media Black Bio-Foam (top), Ceremic Rings (middle), Seachem Matrix Bio Media in Bags (bottom)) running with a DIY spray bar on the short side pushing water from right to left, I might change that up and make it go the length of the tank. Now the inlet is on the opposite side of the tank about 1.5 feet from the side and about 4 inches above the PFS.

Thank You kindly for any and all information and advise

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
In my C-530 I have from bottom to top...
1) 2 foam pieces that came with unit
2) Seachem Matrix
3) Seachem Purigen
4) Ceramic rings and plastic bio balls
5) Polishing pad

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store