New motoro ray

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
She had a rough shipment and is thin but she is active so she should be easy to pump up. This pic is during acclimation she just came in tonight on my import.
uploadfromtaptalk1395468642651.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
Man, she looks rough. The best of luck to you

Sent from my LG-LG730 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
Thanks...yeah she is really thin...but active and no forehead dent. Also shows an interest in massivore already just mins out of the bag. Gonna get all kinds of foods for here and bring her back.

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
Thanks she started pounding bloodworms today so she should come around nicely. I will update her as she goes.

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
Thanks. I hope to get some good pups off her and my bdxleo male. She was in a gal ice cream bucket for the acclimation. Growing her out in a 125gal until she is big enough for my male. Then into the 180gal. That is until my 6'x4'x30" tank is finished. Doing a plywood build I have the glass already just have to pick up the wood and pond armor.

She has been active all day long with the lights off and eating a bunch of bloodworms so shouldn't be to long and she will be tip top shape.

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
She hasn't stopped eating...lol...she is getting several meals a day of bloodworms and I have started to introduce cut fish. She chewed some up but I think I had to large of chunks for her. I am presently surprised with how active she is compared to how rough she came in. I figured it was gonna be a up hill slow battle to get her fully healthy and solid but if she holds like this she will be 100% in no time.

One thing...

I want to run a prazi treatment on her, but I have a 4-5" tig in with her. Not sure if the tig would do well with any treatments at this size. Anyone know if it could handle it? Both are wild caught so I want to get them some sort of treatment asap but I dont want to loose the tig in the process.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Good luck with her, sounds like she is off to a good start. Like the pattern as well.

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
Thanks. I hope to get some good pups off her and my bdxleo male. She was in a gal ice cream bucket for the acclimation. Growing her out in a 125gal until she is big enough for my male. Then into the 180gal. That is until my 6'x4'x30" tank is finished. Doing a plywood build I have the glass already just have to pick up the wood and pond armor.

She has been active all day long with the lights off and eating a bunch of bloodworms so shouldn't be to long and she will be tip top shape.

Very interested in those pups, I wanted to try that combo myself!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store