Spotted gar with rays?

KiiNGGiiNGER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2013
Marietta, Ohio
I had an 18 inch florida before and he wouldnt touch anyting above 3'' let alone a big ray and I doubt they would ever even occupy the same space. I vote yes as well.

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
No...had gars kill rays before...so have many others. I sold a massive gar collection to go back into rays..not worth the risk.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
I have Tropical, Alligator, Florida, Shortnose, and a mysterious gar specie with my one pearl ray, no problems.

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
I have kept gar on and off with rays. I have a 14" gator gar in with them now. The only issue with gars is they will bite but it is accidental in most cases. My gator is not as bad as the spotted I have owned, the spotteds tended to follow the food to the bottom and try to eat from their. Of course gars are terrible at eating from the bottom so the rays would get bit from their side snapping. My gator eats from top more than from the bottom but he still will follow food down if he misses it.

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
I have kept gar on and off with rays. I have a 14" gator gar in with them now. The only issue with gars is they will bite but it is accidental in most cases. My gator is not as bad as the spotted I have owned, the spotteds tended to follow the food to the bottom and try to eat from their. Of course gars are terrible at eating from the bottom so the rays would get bit from their side snapping. My gator eats from top more than from the bottom but he still will follow food down if he misses it.
+1

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
ive had a spotted gar with my rays for ages. hes just like scenery. hes only about 12" though but ive iad him from about 4" and very old now. he has never been a problem to the rays but he has tured up with a blooded tail on occasion when the rays have taken an interest in him over night.

TOOTHLESS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2013
UK
Ive had 2 gars in with my rays and i have no substrait etc or sand so theres no mistaking the rays for food,.. they all get on well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store