Breeding Betta Fish.

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
From what I've found you'll need a hundred jars or so for the fry. You'll want to change water on these at least every other day.

If this is your first time breeding I'd go with something else.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
If it's your first time try convict cichlids or German blue rams bettas are very very hard to breed and you need all the patience in the world with bettas sometimes they just won't have it and I am lucky enough to have done it and done it well and you should have seen my room it looked like I was making moonshine with all the mason jars I had haha the offspring will begin to fight early so the jars are necessary also if you have a bad pair the male can kill the female quickly. The female must be of same size or bigger than the male seperate female once courting is over and leave the bubble nest of eggs with dad. Change your water daily at least 10% without disturbing the water (hard right) and leave the nest in tact try not to make waves in the tank and use at least a 10 gallon for the main breeding tank and a two seperate 5 gallons for mom and dad once the fry are old enough to be fed hard boiled egg yolk you can remove dad back to his 5 gallon and feed up your male and female with the leanest ground beef (only very small amounts) and bloodworms etc so they can be restored of nutrients and become healthy again for breeding in another 6-8 weeks and yeah there is really so much to say I've read at least 15 books on betta breeding when I first started out before I even got the bettas and also just another tip pet store bettas aren't mature they are still juvenile a so don't get ones from the pet-store and try to breed them right away if you do get them from a pet store you must grow them out until they are mature and if you want to make a profit get lecustic bettas or giant lecustic bettas like I once had they will make a decent profit but don't go in it for the profit. I am so sorry for my very disorganized rambling and tips haha if your not a beginner at breeding go for it if you are I say breed convicts or German blue rams or even guppies if you are really a beginner breeder

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
If you want something easy, small, and pretty..perhaps try peacock gudgeons :) I have not encouraged mine to do anything.
Only gave them good food, clean water, and decorations to squeeze into as they like tight places.
The mom and dad are in a 20g and I moved the male and decoration to a 10g, once they hatched I took the male back out and now I have lots of adorable fry. My first fry ever ^_^

jandj88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2012
North Dakota
Wells I didnt think it was hard. I used a 10gal tank with lots of plants. Fed beef Heart to both for a few weeks then placed her in a clear cup inside the tank till she got vertical stripes and put her in with him and watched for him to wrap around her to get the eggs to drop. When she is empty she will try and hide from him thats when you remove her.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store