Best All Around Airstone?

Brewster320

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2010
Mass, USA
Like many other fish keepers I imagine I've gone through numerous different airstones with them either crumbling apart or getting clogged and not being as effective anymore. So I was curious as to whether theres any brand or type of airstone that is the best all around in longevity and high aeration levels.

Simcan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
Toronto
I use Eheim air diffusers. Not a stone but does the same job and they are made of black plastic so I figure they will last. I am very happy with them.

notho2000

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2010
winnipeg, canada
I use Eheim air diffusers. Not a stone but does the same job and they are made of black plastic so I figure they will last. I am very happy with them.
Where do you buy your Eheim diffusers and around how much do they cost each in TO? Thanks.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Do NOT buy one of these, they are crap!
I wanted something that would stay on the bottom since my carpintis won't leave anything alone...& likes to swim through, & play in a big fat wad of bubbles.
These "look" like they would sink, right? NOPE. They float up.
When you do get them to stay weighted down (with rocks), then the airline hose comes off.

Marina Elite Bubble disc.jpg

Marina Elite Bubble disc.jpg

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
I use 2'' pond aerator balls. Working great, not falling apart after 2 years of service.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jonm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2013
Dallas, TX
I have heard from several people that the stackable plastic ones are the "best" but I have no first hand experience.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
The stackable / adjustable ones if you need small. The rubber ones for ponds if you want larger. They are real easy to clean because they are somewhat flexible.

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
I use these, dk what brand or whatever but they are nice IMO have to weigh them down, but the hose doesn't come off

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store