Oh Noooo

Larimar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Mississauga Ontario
I have a 75g and it's too heavy for my boyfriend and I to move on our own. We did have help setting on to a desk. We filled it with water and then, oops! Realized we forgot the filter...And now we see it all needs to be about an inch more away from the wall to fit. Even without the water..I doubt I can move it. I feel so silly and defeated after all that work.

joelypops

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2012
Rochester, Kent, UK
If it is empty it should slide pretty easy once on the desk. Failing that, why not just take ghe filter pipes down the sides of the tank? Inlet one side and outlet the other and drill a hole in the side of the desk for pipes to run through so filter can sit underneith..

Sent from my Galaxy Note

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
If you empty it, then yes - you can shift it one end at a time. No problem.

I would not trust a DESK though, to support the weight of a 75.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
If u don't have a python, grab a gravel vac, some buckets, and you'll empty the tank in probably less than 20 mins :) only downside is filling back up with the buckets!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Larimar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Mississauga Ontario
lol it was a pretty stupid mistake, but one newbies can learn from- Be sure to check for 'behind' space! LOL.
I used the word desk, instead of stand..all the same to me lol.
We bought the tank with the stand from a guy who had it full of water so I know it works. :)
We are going to try some ideas..Let you know if it works!

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
if its a good stand (and I am sure it is)it probably has a lot of floor contact .. that should make it easy to slide when it's real close to empty ,the weight will be more dispersed..tanks aren't hard to slide on hard floors ,if it's on carpet it might be tougher...if you slide just part of the tank away from the wall at a time,it will also be easier(left then right):)good luck....welcome to fishkeeping

Larimar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Mississauga Ontario
It is carpet, but we tried again and finally it budged the inch! woo hoo. LOL. Since we have the filter and equiptment from the previous owner should be easy to cycle, but we are going away so it won't have any fish until early April. Any suggestions on how to cycle ? Do I need to take out water again and add new? Or is it okay to leave?

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
you have previous owners filters & water going? if so change 1/2 the water & put in some giant danio fish(to keep it cycled while you are gone) and have a friend feed them a little every 2 or 3 days

Larimar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Mississauga Ontario
Just the filter and carbon/sponges etc..some stones and the sand- but not any water. We added our own water. I'd love to add some fish but we have nobody hat could come over. I'm new to this city and the only people I can trust are on vacation lol. Thanks for the tips!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store