Mormyrus longirostris

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I did what research I could on these guys before buying 1 but couldn't find much. Since they are from Africa, am I correct on assuming that they like the temp in the low 80's? Also, I am currently feeding it live blackworms but I've seen and heard of people feeding them pellets. How do I go about this? How I got my bichirs, goonches and payara's off live was by starving them but I haven't found anything on how long these guys can go without eating or whether this is even the proper way of converting them. 1 last thing. I looked at it pretty well at the shop but I guess not well enough cuz I noticed that it has a mild outbreak if ich on its head. Just a few white spots so I have the temp at 84 and added salt. Is this the best way if treating this fish? I'm too nervous to try any of the meds because of how sensitive these are. Thanks in advance guys

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
84 won't kill ich. Where did you find this dolphin? I have been looking for one for years
What temp should I raise it to to kill ich?

I've been interested in them for a while and asked a few lfs if they could get them a few years ago but none of them knew if they could and a couple weeks ago 1 of those lfs had a shipment of about 10 of them but I saw them the day after they came in and they all looked in pretty rough shape then this week I went back and they only had 2 left and this 1 was the healthier of the 2.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
Seems like 90% of them die shortly after arriving in the states. Maybe see if you can find a U.K. site with some info. They seem to have a somewhat steady supply over there

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
By the way, have you seen these guys on YouTube? If not, get on it.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store