Lfs in Manchester, uk

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm off to a ball in Manchester in a couple of weeks, and I'm going to have some spare time on the Sunday, so was thinking of going to some shops for a browse... I know about the abyss (in Stockport I think?) And was wondering if anyone knows anywhere else that's worth a look? It's mostly big toothy things and oddballs I like

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Yes I can give you a list of shops no probs Manchester is my city :)
World if water is nearest to me my mates the manager so I could get you hooked up there if anything took your fancy ;) , there's the abyss (prob won't have anything big in there I got my baby jardini from there few months back ) also Lancashire characins on Stockport its a new store few months old but they have good stock in I went last week , I also went to pier aquatics in Wigan a few days ago this is the place to go its full of mfk treats I found it hard not to spend a fourtune in that shop , well worth the trip over to Wigan imo
There's also shops in Salford , Stretford and city centre all have oddballs but not many so you have to strike lucky with these.
Hope this helps you out ? Let me know how you get on or if you need any more info glad to help you out , Danny

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
Thanks :) going to be a good Sunday I think :) now to work on persuading the partner that I should set up my spare tank... we're staying in didsbury, so will head across to Wigan first I think... going to be like a kid in a sweet shop though, the lfs seem to be fantastic around there compared to here...

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Cool , where you based ? What sort of fish are you looking for anything in mind ? , world of water Manchester is based in timperly they will have a stock list on aquatics classified in Cheshire in county section , or you could just ask me I was in there earlier hahaha :D

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
I wouldn't mind some sort of freshwater dwarf puffer, as I could house one... if I had free reign, I'd have half the shop I think... want to go have a drool over some rays, channa etc if possible, but know I can't house them atm... was thinking possibly avocado puffer

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
World of water have some tiny puffers in not sure what type I'll find out for you , that pier aquatics had a few puffers in stock also
I'm always about the fish shops in Manchester as you can gather ;):D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Did you manage to find any stock lists of Manchester shops online ?
World of water have just got a load of flowerhorns in all diff grades there's a few stunners , my missis wants us to get one but I think it will get smashed up :(
They also had some small gulper cats in about 4\5" very cool fish
As for other stock off top of my head
Spotted gars
African pike
Tiny dovii ( 2 of which are mine :) )
Electric catfish
Silver aros
Jardini :D:thumbup:
Lots off diff geophagus
Freddy fish
F1 festae but there very small
Puffers
Snakeheads
Wolffish
Vampire tetra

Obviously these are all the fish I can remember because its what I would buy :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store