Help on bichirs....

Setangoblin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2014
woodlands
Need help my ansorgii bands and ornate spots have started fading...
Did a 30 to 50% water change fortnightly...
Still they seems more and more pale...
My senegalus and delhezis are okay but thoes 3 are the worries i am facing...
Please help.... :( :confused:
Sent from my C6833 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

baconmeupscotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
Kansas
What are your parameters? Is your tank heated? Are they eating? How large is the tank? Any new fish introduced? Have you recently changed substrate? Hopefully we can help more once those questions are answered.

Setangoblin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2014
woodlands
Ph okay nitrates balanced ammonia okay.. Substrates just removed due to stressness... Bare tank 4 by 2 by 2 feet...

baconmeupscotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
Kansas
Ph okay nitrates balanced ammonia okay.. Substrates just removed due to stressness... Bare tank 4 by 2 by 2 feet...

If they act fine otherwise I'd say it's certainly because you removed the substrate. They will be lighter on a bare bottom tank than one with substrate. The darker their habitat is the darker they will be to blend in; the lighter it is the lighter they get.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Setangoblin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2014
woodlands
Okay... Ill try during the next water change...thought of sticking oyama paper on the bottom..thanks a bunch...

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
If they act fine otherwise I'd say it's certainly because you removed the substrate. They will be lighter on a bare bottom tank than one with substrate. The darker their habitat is the darker they will be to blend in; the lighter it is the lighter they get.

Sound advice

Bacon, you need to explain your avatar!

baconmeupscotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
Kansas
Sound advice

Bacon, you need to explain your avatar!
It's one of my sphynx kittens, Sheldon. He was yawning when I took the pic and it turned out hilariously lol.

JONNYEE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2014
America
I'm in agreement with the existing responses. It's due to the bare bottom tank. I had ornates living in a bait bucket for a few weeks and their color faded dramatically, but once I returned them into a tank with substrate bog wood and java moss, the color returned to normal within the first week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store