Motoro and angels?

Hope_WA

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2014
Washington State
So, I'm on my way to setting up my new tank for my motoro. Right now, in the old tank, it's just him and a bunch of feeder fish (guppies, mollies, platys, Chinese algae eaters, etc.). When I move him to the bigger tank I was hoping to add a few other, non-bottom feeding fish. My first choice would be a breeding pair of angelfish. Would that work? Does anyone have experience keeping angels and rays together in a tank?

Fatlungy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2011
Reading, Pennsylvania
If you like angelfish without heads its a good mix. They are way to slow and weak to make it. I had a few that were not getting along and tried them in the 300 with the rays. Not so good. These were full grown angels and the rays were only 9-10 inch disk then.

Sent from my MB886 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
So, I'm on my way to setting up my new tank for my motoro. Right now, in the old tank, it's just him and a bunch of feeder fish (guppies, mollies, platys, Chinese algae eaters, etc.). When I move him to the bigger tank I was hoping to add a few other, non-bottom feeding fish. My first choice would be a breeding pair of angelfish. Would that work? Does anyone have experience keeping angels and rays together in a tank?
Good luck with it

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Motoros should be vicius Hunters, but some have had succes with them and discus. I dont know with angels, but my guess is that their gonna eat them. As said some have had succes with discus, so maybe.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Who has had success keeping discus with full grown motoros? Discus=expensive snack.

Sent from my MB886 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Theres a couple of guys on the danish predator fish forum, having succes with it. The motoros are 15" if i remember correctly, long time ago isaw a picture about it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store