New 30 gallon long Acrylic Tank build

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
Well I have posed several threads on here about building tanks out of acrylic and cinder blocks and concrete fish tank builds. But it now official I'm going to build a 30 gallon acrylic aquarium.

As of now I have ordered the cell cast acrylic and it will be 1/4 inches thick. The size of the fish tank will be 12 inches deep by 12 inches wide and 48 inches long. I have bought Weldon 16 and Weldon No3 from a acrylic company called Delve

The tank will be built to house two fan tail goldfish and will replace my 20 gallon glass fish tank. The reason why I'm building this new 30 gallon acrylic tank and not 100 gallon plus monster is that I want to first see if I can build a small acrylic tank and get it to work for a few months before I spend the $800 to $1000 bucks to build a 475 gallon acrylic monster that will be four feet wide and eight feet long and two feet deep. The 30 gallon will oddly be a 15th size scale model of the 475 gallon monster tank.

As for the 30 gallon acrylic tank it too will have a use in that when I build the monster tank or the acrylic monster tank and the cinder block monster tank I plan on cutting two holes in eatch side of it in the future and turning into a water trough to link to giant fish tanks in the future.

As of now I have materials all lined up and waiting but now I need the weather to be in the 70's for a week or two before I work on it in that it being so cold lately has stopped me from working on my fiberglass fish tank buildings and acrylic tank project.

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
I finished the 30 gallon acrylic tank this Wednesday and I think it came out about as good as it was going to with my acrylic skills. Now I plan on adding the top braces to it and waiting a week to add water to it to test it out if it holds water.

Fish tank 002.JPG

Fish tank 006.JPG

Fish tank 008.JPG

Fish tank 011.JPG

Fish tank 002.JPG

Fish tank 006.JPG

Fish tank 008.JPG

Fish tank 011.JPG

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
I would like to report that this 30 gallon acrylic tank that I built from raw cell cast acrylic does indeed hold water. So this proves that my Dream of a mega tank does own water.

Now I'm looking at the possibility of building a 475 gallon to 718 gallon monster acrylic tank.

The Dream that holds water 005.JPG

The Dream that holds water 012.JPG

The Dream that holds water 011.JPG

The Dream that holds water 005.JPG

The Dream that holds water 012.JPG

The Dream that holds water 011.JPG

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
A update on this fish tank. I tried selling it on ebay to someone but it got crushed to pieces by the shipping company on the way to there house. The reason why tried selling it was the tank was a good learner tank and I wanted to clear out some space in my room.

I'm not deterred by this in that I plan to build a 120 gallon to 180 gallon fish tank next out of 3/4 inch acrylic. But this time I plan to keeping it at my house.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store