POLYPTERUS ENDLICHERI EATING RAT

JONNYEE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2014
America
Thanks! It is pretty interesting. I heard of it online but never got to see it, and I knew my Endlicheri is big enough to so I gave it a shot.

JONNYEE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2014
America
Not really, it just took a few minutes. It seemed like it was trying to crush it with repetitive bites and swallow it whole. The smaller bichir in the tank would death roll pieces off of something like this

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Did you starve the bichirs a few days so its hungry enough to eat a rat? I think it's awesome when they death roll to break up the food.

lardieleftover

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2014
san diego
I that they didn't digest mammal fat very well, err. I guess rats are marsupials. Maybe they don't care

JamesF

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2005
Thunder Bay
I that they didn't digest mammal fat very well, err. I guess rats are marsupials. Maybe they don't care
Ummmm... rats are rodents, not marsupials.
They shouldn't have an issue eating one on occasion, but I wouldn't sue it as a staple. My ornate has eaten a mouse before. Zoomed right in to it and swallowed it in a few seconds.

JONNYEE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2014
America
I starved it only for a day, it was so hungry it basically tracked the rat visually while I had it outside the tank. That's why I believe these fish have better eye sight then thought, but that's just my opinion. I don't use them as a staple in their diet, just fed as a treat once in awhile. BTW TO ALL, PINKY RATS HAVE MORE PROTIEN THAN PINKY MICE. Just letting you all know, in case you wanted to feed em one, rat is the way to go!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store