Upgrading my Aquarium

AnkurLakhesh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2014
India
Hello Everyone.

I am from Chandigarh (India)

I currently have 2 Silver Arowanas in a 3Ft tank and am planning on upgrading my aquarium to 6ft and need some advise.

What is better, getting a glass aquarium made on order? I did a bit of market research but was not too impressed with the filtration systems available.

Second option is that I buy a readymade Chinese aquarium, but again am not sure if they are practical, their filtration system working and their life and durability.

Please advise.

AnkurLakhesh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2014
India
I am planning a 6*2*2 tank and then would be upgrading it in a few years

My question was, irrespective of the size, what is a better option? Custom made tank or a chinese tank

Maad Shai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2018
I am planning a 6*2*2 tank and then would be upgrading it in a few years

My question was, irrespective of the size, what is a better option? Custom made tank or a chinese tank
Custom made would be better. U can choose around 8mm to 12mm of glass which will hold the water weight.
Well in with you on the tank size part... we have limited availability of space in houses here in india. I myself planning am planning on a 6x2.5x2.5.
Lets c how it works out.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I would plan on getting a larger tank than that. Silver aros will require at least an 8'x3' tank.

Also your tank walls for a 180 should be at least 1/2" or 12mm. I would not trust 8mm glass on a 6x2 panel.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store