datnoid tank setup

tluong0221

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2013
boston
whats going on guys? i'm wondering how you guys would set up your tanks, as of right now i have a bunch of drift wood in my growout tank, and i have two 4-4.5in. ntt dats that love to hide. i would like to take some of the hiding spots out just to see if i can see them being more active. but i know that naturally they love to hide and prey on fish, would this be a good idea??? thank you for any suggestions/advice

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
The more spots they have to hide the more they'll stay hidden. I don't like to give them a place to hide but some can't stand the look of no decor.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
+1
I took out a large piece of driftwood that my NTT used to hide behind and replaced it with a smaller piece. He still tries to hide behind it every once in awhile, but he's too damn big lol. Also, I believe some of it is just patience. The more my NTT has grown the less he hides. Tankmates can make a difference as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tluong0221

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2013
boston
+1
I took out a large piece of driftwood that my NTT used to hide behind and replaced it with a smaller piece. He still tries to hide behind it every once in awhile, but he's too damn big lol. Also, I believe some of it is just patience. The more my NTT has grown the less he hides. Tankmates can make a difference as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Yeah I find out amazing that they can still squeeze in the smallest openings and just hide out, considering they're the biggest in the tank other then my bichir. It's housed with a fire eel, leopard ctenopena, two bichirs, a pleco and a few clown loaches. Hopefully I can get my hands on the blue azul I found recently.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tluong0221

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2013
boston
The more spots they have to hide the more they'll stay hidden. I don't like to give them a place to hide but some can't stand the look of no decor.

I'm definitely going to rearrange some stuff tonight, when I get home. They're so nice I want to look at them instead of looking for them :banghead:

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Is that a fire eel next to it? Yeah I noticed the smaller dat loves the pcv pipe I put in there, I may put a bigger one in soon. Thanks for the advice

Yup they hang out there almost all day lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tluong0221

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2013
boston
View attachment 1001068
Branch DW and fake plants looks nice with Dats setup too

That's a nice set up. Your water is so clear haha I have a canister and a hob and it's still greenish. They **** so much, but then having a delzi and a endelicheri dint help neither they eat like no other

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store