motoro stingray

charmbarlow

Feeder Fish
Mar 26, 2014
United States
Hi I currently have a juvenile sting ray. He has roughly 5-6" diameter, and is housed in a 80 gallon aquarium. I know this will only last him another 4-6 months, but what im wondering is exactly how much should I feed him. Im dealing with a murky tank. When we got him he was extremely male nourished and were feeding him two cubes a day of blood worms, ghost shrimp, or krill. Im currently changing 30% of his water once a week but it only helps a bit and for 2 days at that. Any ideas?
Also I should point out that there are two angle fish in this aquarium.

BHoskins24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2010
Ohio
You'll be lucky if he makes it 4-6 month in an 80 gal aquarium motoros grow fast and very large! I'd feed him 2-3 times a day as much as he will eat specially since you mention he's malnourished I'd stop feeding the blood worms and krill and get him on better foods like chopped up tilapia raw Shrimp and even night crawlers to fatten him up. But the big question is. Why is your water murky? How long has this tank been running? What's your filtration? I'd be doing 50% water changes every other day. If not every day.

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
+1 chopped earthworms but I hope you have the filtration system of the century! And properly fed and cared for you'll have a 12-13" beast eating you out of house and home in 6-8 months the murky water is prob because u just overloaded the heck out of the tank biology. They have little tolerance for ammonia but urinate straight ammonia so with that small a volume of water it's a constant struggle.......not impossible but a ton of work! My 3 marbles and retic were all raised in a 125g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store